Sunday, April 24, 2011

Profile of artist Geetika Karki

It is with pleasure I introduce Geetika Karki -  the last contender from 'Usha's Art Class' who will be making her debut as an artist in 'THE DRAWING ROOM MUSINGS' - group art show to be held from 16th May through 25th May 2011 at Chitra Kal Parishath Bangalore. Details of 'The Drawing Room Musings' art show can be seen in the side panel.  

Geetika Karki
                             Email: geetika_karki@yahoo.com
                                                                       Cell: 09686400833 

Cheerful Geetika Karki from Nainital is educated in electronics and a software engineer by profession, but an artist at heart. Happily married to a husband whose hobby is nature photography, Geetika has no dearth of referential material to indulge in her passion of painting the forces of nature. A keen learner of the nuances of art, she is ever ready with a pleasant smile and paints her way through the finer strokes of nature.  

An avid lover of nature, Geetika presents a collection of waterscape paintings in the ‘The Drawing Room Musings’ fine art show, where water, sun and the sky play a major role in lighting up her paintings with the cool blues of the evenings or the hot oranges of the noon’s. A patient and careful painter, she keeps strokes to the minimum, and glazes her paintings with the beautiful colours of nature.

Here is what she has to say about herself.


Hi,
I am Geetika Karki. Born and brought up in Nainital. By education Electronics engineer by profession a Software engineer.


Today I stand here and present myself as an Artist. Having lived in the lap of nature I have seen mostly every shade and creation that nature has. But every other day nature comes back and surprises you with its creativity. Hence since childhood I have been doing drawing and sketching .Every creation would inspire me to further create which led me into exploring various mediums of art (which included pencil, coloured pencils, and water colours).


Painting has been my best friend since childhood. I still remember what all I drew and painted in school (Sunset, Gandhi ji, Manipuri dancer etc). My first still life was a Geranium flower pot as an exam. Beside that I did sketches and painting at home. The ability to make a good art work would always lead and inspire me to make another one and another one.


My quest to master Oils led me to Usha Ma’m who introduced me to Acrylics and since past one year that I have been with associated with her has been imparting her vast knowledge and experience in order make me a master in Acrylics.


For me God is the Ultimate Artist and his creations, the ultimate Masterpiece. What I do paint is what he creates and my whole objective is to be able to re-create his splendid magic on my canvas. Hence all my paintings that I present here have been inspired by the world’s biggest canvas; the sky and water. My paintings consists of the skies and water and hence can be termed as ‘Seascapes’ as I have tried to capture the beauty of the sky in the water.


Activities:


• 2011 - Participation in ‘Chitra Santhe’ at Chitra Kala Parishad

A sneak peek into the ‘Seascape paintings’ of Geetika Karki.
 
                                           Sunset –by artist Geetika Karki
                                           acrylic painting on canvas
                                     
The orange palette of ‘Sunset’ painting glows with the warmth of the sun, and can almost be felt by the viewer of this painting. Using earthy umbers and purples, apart from the warm oranges, she has used the glazing technique to achieve the effect of brilliance of the sun on her canvas. A rare glimpse of silhouetted clouds with a lone ferry on the glowing sea, and faraway hills in the background, contribute to the beauty of this painting.  
 
Good Luck to Geetika Karki

To view the profiles and paintings of the other artists of the ‘The Drawing Room Musings’ art show, just scroll down, or click on http://usettyblog.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment